Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I took Lillie to the zoo for the first time today. She LOVED it!! We went with a friend from the ward and her infant. The weather has been pretty hot and humid lately, but the past two days it's been a little rainy, overcast, and cool!! So, with confirmation from the weatherman of only slight chances of a drizzle, we headed out to the zoo to check out some of the animals Lillie loves and imitates.

First stop, Ape House. Some of the gorillas were far away, and some were...

not! Lillie loved watching these gorillas. We also saw the orangutans playing. They were so cute!! Unfortunately, I didn't get any pics.


After spending some time in the Ape House, we went to the Small Mammal House, where we saw this crouched over Armadillo. After coming home, I realized I didn't take as many pictures as I thought. Anyway, we also saw some lemurs, rats (YUCK!), a porcupine, tamarins, and more monkeys. Lillie was fascinated.


Here are a couple of horses that Lillie kept saying, "Neeeeigh" to. Maybe she was trying to communicate with them. ha ha


Next stop, the elephants. We also saw some hippos, but they stayed under water the whole time, so we didn't take pictures. Lillie was the most fascinated with the elephant. I don't think she realized how big they are. I'm glad she got over the trauma from the first time she saw live elephants from the circus parade through the city.

Like I said, she was mesmerized by the elephants. That's my cute little girl!!


We couldn't go home without seeing the famous pandas. Here's Lillie giving a big hug to the wooden panda.


Caught in mid laughter and excitement.


Then, the REAL pandas. We thought of cousin Na'i the whole time!!




I know she looks like she's being slightly tortured, but I promise she had a GREAT time. This was just her, "I'm doing it because you're asking me to, but I really just want to watch the panda" smile.

A two and half hour trip to the zoo, and we didn't even see half of the animals. Oh well, we'll just have to check the weather for another pleasant day to see more of the wild!!!

No comments: