Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!
For the big Turkey Day, we went to a friends house (the other counselor in the stake presidency), and ate to our hearts content. It was so delicious and Lillie had a grand time playing with some of the grandkids.
Of all the years we have been married, we have never made a REAL Thanksgiving dinner ourselves. We were either in Las Vegas, at a restaurant, or at a friends home. This year we decided to take the plunge and actually try the whole deal. For years we had all the sides under our belt - mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potatoes, rolls, and green bean casserole - but we NEVER tried a whole turkey. Like I said, we spent Thanksgiving at a friends house, so we were not brave enough to try the real deal on the actual day, but we did make Thanksgiving Part II on the Sunday after Thanksgiving.
So here's the BIG BIRD!!

I have to say, we were pretty impressed with ourselves. I think we may actually be able to have people over to OUR house next year!!
Here's the rest of our feast.

No comments: