Wednesday, December 29, 2010

So we just got a new camera for Christmas, thanks to Keola's Mom, Uncle Mel, and Aunty Berta. No, we were not brave enough or skilled enough to get a fancy SLR camera, if that's what they even call it. It's still a compact digital, but a much better quality camera - a Nikon s8100. So I couldn't help but just play with it for a bit tonight. I know, I'm not the best photographer, but hopefully time and practice will help.
Here's the posing beauty!
Trying a different mode on the camera. It's called the "party/portrait" mode. It apparently catches the "ambience" of the indoor, low light room, while still focusing and giving enough light to the subject. Frankly, just words for now, but hopefully it will actually mean something someday.

I gotta say, the flash works well! It almost looks like I took this in the middle of the day.
When clearly you can see it was late at night.




No comments: