Saturday, January 08, 2011

Happy Yakudoshi, Keola!!
Keola celebrated his 41st birthday last night and we were SO fortunate to have him mom help in a BIG way. We first stopped at Georgetown Cupcake for the birthday treat. I know, some may say, "Who would pay good money for simple cupcakes!!??" Trust me, I was one of them. Keola always said we should try them and I just mocked him thinking what is so special about cupcakes!! Well, he finally convinced me and after one bite...WOW! I was blown away at how super rich, moist and delicious these little cakes were! Well, I couldn't resist and bought a dozen for the evenings celebration.
Then the fun began. We headed to Grace's Mandarin, a fancy Chinese restaurant that we went to for Lillie's birthday last year.
I made a menu for our guests, filled with scallops, shrimp, crispy beef, and the list goes on. It was so YUMMY! In the excitement of the occasion and frankly the drooling over the food, I forgot to take a picture of the super delicious, beautiful dinner. Instead, I just have a picture of the menu I made. Sorry!
Here are our friends. You all know Keola. Below him is Brian Williams, friend and also counselor in the stake presidency, and his wife Jennifer. You all know Lillie. Sharon and Rick Slade, also friends from the stake.
Happy family!
I JUST missed Lillie's BLOATED mouth full of chocolate ganache cupcake (her second by the way!). When this girl sees a camera, she tries posing as best she can. I DID get the chocolatey crumbs on her lips!
After all was done, these 4 scrumptious bites were left for us to devour.
Happy Birthday Sweetie!
Outside the restaurant. Seriously, so grand and so delish. We promise to take anyone if you visit us!!
If you've been keeping up on our blog, this picture has been taken before, just different characters!
Happy Birthday, Daddy!
Thanks SO MUCH, Mom!! We had a GREAT time and a wonderful Yakudoshi celebration!

1 comment:

Jared & Kalei said...

Note to self - free dinner at fancy chinese restaurant when we visit the Sakai's.
I'm curious to see how Keola acts around his counselors at dinner compared to us!