Right after Thanksgiving (which, by the way, was delish and festive and fun, but no pictures to prove it, sorry!), we had the honor of being invited to a special lighting ceremony at the temple visitor's center. Each year, the church organizes a lighting ceremony before it opens to the public. The first night, ambassadors from around the world are invited and a general authority usually comes to speak. The second night, all the stake presidents and their families from the surrounding area are invited with all the staff of the ambassadors. There's a short fireside-type program, then they turn on the amazing set of over 500,000 lights! Along with the lights, there are Christmas trees scattered throughout the visitor's center, each one decorated by a different stake in the area.
 |
| Here's the Suitland Stake tree. |
 |
| Here's a sample of Lillie trying her hand at taking pictures. We need to work a little on the focusing. |
 |
| I may be a bit bias, but the BEST part of the evening was when they called all the children to come to the front to sing a few songs with the Washington DC Choir. Where's Waldo...I mean Lillie?? |
 |
| Stunned, but cute, right?!?! |
 |
| Here's Lillie with some of her friends we saw there, from the stake. |
 |
| How's THAT for a pose!! Nice shot Daddy...ha ha |
 |
| Yes, she looks tired or iritated or something, but I promise I wasn't pinching her! HONEST! ha ha |
 |
| Did I mention over 500,000 lights!! |
 |
| We are a Hap-py Fa-mi-ly! |
No comments:
Post a Comment