Thursday, July 30, 2026

Back together as a family!!

What have we been doing now that Lillie has been back?  Well, we have been eating a lot of her favorite foods and at some of her favorite restaurants!!  We took a staycation--our favorite thing to do--while I played in an orchestra for the musical, Frozen.  Lillie participated in a stake missionary panel discussion.  And she travelled back to Hawaii to visit our family back there!!  It's not as hard to put her back on the airplane this time, knowing that she is coming back to us and going to people who already love her!!!

Lillie at the Frozen musical balloon arch!!
I was happy to play in the orchestra with a student of mine...well Lillie's too.  Jack!!!  He came to us when he was in 6th grade, and Lillie taught him for a year or so, then she left for college and her mission, and I continued to teach him.  I am proud of him.

The orchestra plays in the orchestra room and the music is piped into the auditorium.  There is not actual pit under the stage at this auditorium, so we can't all be together, cast and orchestra, but it all seems to work out.
Sending our Lillie off again.  But like I said, somehow it seems not as sad when I know she is coming back to us, and we are sending her to people who love her unconditionally!!
She had a short layover in Atlanta, but had to go really far to get to her next gate.  But she figured out how to use the train system to get to the next gate.  Things like this make me anxious!  But she is a professional traveler now!!
And here she is enjoying Hawaii on her first day!!!











No comments: