Hurricane Irene: August 2011
Well, we're more than ok (especially now that we have power back), but Irene sure left an impression. Here are some pictures of the aftermath.
This tree in the back was really our only casualty. Like I mentioned, nothing really.
Friend #3 was a little frog, but he went AWOL before I could take a picture. I won't go into the gruesome details of how we actually got all the water out from the OUTSIDE alcove, while still staying inside the basement, but suffice it to say, water is out, the friends are "free", our feet, legs, and pants are drenched, and I'm THANKFUL I got a quick bath before our power went out!
Some leftover debris on the deck.
Now, this neighbor didn't fare so well. A tree had obviously fallen on the roof and created a LARGE hole. Apparently, the other side was completely exposed. We had found out that this happened at 8pm the night before, right when the heaviest of the hurricane began.
All in all, we lost a tree or two, have some fallen leaves and branches, and lost power (which includes no water, so sump pump for the toilets, no regrigerator, stove, or oven, and NO AC!! Yikes) for almost 36 hours. We survived with minimal casualties and now, we're up and running and ready to go. Lillie was out of school today and will be out again tomorrow. So with clear skies and beautiful weather, Lillie is loving a mini vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment