It's official...School is ON!
I should have taken a picture without the sign, but Lillie wore one of her new dresses to school. Let me explain the significance...Lillie received a LOT of clothes from her Nana and Papa. She LOVED every bit of it, but was wanting for dresses AND a little heartbroken that we were giving away some of her old clothes (and when I say old, I mean she still had AND WORE pants that were 18-24 months!! Talk about elasticity!). Anyway, we told her we would go shopping for a few dresses for the new school year. So when we got to the mall, I asked her what kind of dress she wanted, and here was her reply, "I want a pink dress with roses and shiny things." Ok, well, we searched and searched and lo and behold, I found a dress that had pink, a rosy/heart shape on the chest, and glittery sequins on the skirt. What the princess wants, the princess gets! ha ha
Not a great picture, but once announcements were made and instructions were given, it was time to get to work.
After Lillie got settled, I took Keola to work up in DC and we had brunch at a new found restaurant we LOVE. They are famous for their homemade pop tarts (super yummy! Who knew a homemade pop tart could taste so good?!!?) and their milkshakes (my personal favorite - Chocolate & Peanut Butter Nanners (Bananas) SOOO tasty!! Lillie was introduced to milkshakes when we discovered this restaurant and found it to be her ultimate best dessert -
Chocolate Soup!! - As she calls it!
Yesterday was the...
Meet Mrs. Doyle! She will be Lillie's 1st Grade teacher this year.
Chocolate Soup!! - As she calls it!
No comments:
Post a Comment