We're all SHOOK up! Well, not really. So many of you probably heard that an earthquake registered at 5.9 hit the city of Mineral, VA yesterday. Amazingly enough, the earthquake was so strong, we actually felt it right here in our family room - many, many miles away. It didn't seem like it was too long, but it was probably the strongest earthquake I've ever felt - which isn't really saying much. I will say it was more than just trembling, and I did lose my balance, but all in all, we didn't get much impact. A few things fell in our house, nothing big, and people were a shaken up, but all is well in Southern Maryland.
Keola had to evacuate his office, as did most buildings in the DC area. And Lillie's school was having an orientation/"Meet you teacher" day, and the school had evacuated as well. But since we were far enough away from the epicenter, we didn't get anything like this...


No comments:
Post a Comment